350g cabbage (cut into pieces)
4 slices bacon (cut into bite-sized pieces)
20g almond flakes
1 tbsp chopped garlic
Adequate cooking oil
1 tbsp lard
½ tbsp tapioca starch
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
½ light soy sauce
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp chicken seasoning powder
2 tbsp water
1 tsp potato starch mixed with 2 tsp water
- Bring some water to a boil. Scald cabbage briefly. Remove and drained.
- Place almond flakes into cold oil and deep-fry over low heat till it starts to turn to pale golden. Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Coat bacon with tapioca flour. Deep-fry in hot oil till golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat up a wok with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in cabbage and seasonings, stir to combine.
- Add in bacon, stir to combine.
- Thicken the sauce with potato starch solution.
- Add in lard, stir to combine.
- Dish out to a serving platter, garnish with almond flakes. Serve.