2 tbsp bacon bits
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1 egg (beaten)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 tbsp potato starch
Adequate cooking oil for pan-frying
Some chopped spring onion
- Peel and grate the potatoes. Drain the potato mixture to separate the liquid from the grated potatoes. Set aside the potato water for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, the potato starch will be at the bottom of the bowl, and the liquid will be on top. Remove the liquid and save only the potato starch.
- Add grated potatoes, bacon bits, grated parmesan cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped spring onion, beaten egg, salt, garlic powder, coarsely ground black pepper and potato starch into a mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon to mix to combine.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying over medium high heat.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp potato mixture into per patty into skillet. Cook patties until golden brown. Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Transfer the cheesy potato pancakes to a serving platter. Garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve.